Data Engineer Team Lead
Tailor Brands is one of the few B2C companies in the country. Each month, we help 500k new users start and grow their dream business. Through tools like our automated logo maker, branding and design studio, domain registrar, website builder, etc. we’re committed to making starting a business affordable and accessible to everyone.
We’re a team that’s passionate about performance, preciseness, and data quality. The team spends their day-to-day developing new pipelines and services that make it seamless for data to be moved throughout our infrastructure and analyzed.
What we’re looking for
- Design, implement and maintain pipelines that deliver data with measurable quality and SLAs for our product, marketing, finance, and other departments.
- Partner with business domain experts, data analysts, and engineering teams to build foundational datasets that are trusted, well-understood, aligned with business strategy and enable a self-service analysis.
- Focus on data quality, detect data/analytics quality issues, implement bug fixes and data validations for prevention.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements such as automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
Apply if you have
- Understanding of how to architect and manage solutions for business insights, data science, and reporting systems.
- 5+ years of experience as a full-time professional data engineer, backend engineer or platform engineer.
- 5+ years of SQL experience, such as PostgreSQL (preferred), MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, etc.
- 5+ years of experience with Python (preferred) or any other programming language used for data engineering (Java, Scala, etc.).
- Working experience with OLAP databases such as Redshift, BigQuery, Snowflake, Vertica, etc.
- Working experience with orchestration tools such as Airflow (preferred), Luigi, Ooozie.
- Working experience with various server-side concepts, e.g. APIs, databases, caching, microservices, queues, performance monitoring, scalability, ci/cd.
- Working experience with cloud infrastructure ecosystems such as AWS RDS, Redshift, S3, Kinesis, SQS, Athena, Glue (all equivalent GCP / Azure services apply as well).