About the job
Each month, tens of thousands of people come to Tailor Brands to create unique and professional logos and branding assets. We’re well on our way to our goal of helping everyone have a beautiful brand, but we need your help.
We’re looking for an experienced engineer to help us in scaling and improving the experience for everyone that visits Tailor. Come play a key role helping to make our team and product a success.
Our Backend Engineers design, deploy, and maintain four parts of our platform:
- Applications Performance (Improving and optimizing our applications)
- Services Operations (ongoing improvements to our Kubernetes clusters, databases and other underlying infrastructure components of our services)
- Design Engine (Transform design into algorithms using advanced algorithms, machine learning and statistical learning)
- Automation (Improve our CI/CD pipelines, data pipelines, testing infrastructure and observability)
- 4+ years writing and shipping production level code.
- Experience with AWS or any other cloud provider.
- Familiarity with architecture and design concepts (Microservices, Networking, Communication protocols, Caching, Logging, Messaging)
- Interest and experience in the realms of Performance and Security.
- Interest in advanced R&D developing algorithms and tools from scratch.
- Understand and can tweak DB and Query performance. (Postgresql/Redis)
Nice to Haves
- Experience working in high-volume applications.
- Machine learning interests.
- Experience designing highly-scalable, highly-available platforms.
- Startup experience.
- The desire to mentor less experienced developers.
- Ruby experience.
- Experience with Docker.
- Competitive salary.
- Equity packages.
- Company outings.
- Flexible (and encouraged) time off.
- Work-from-home flexibility.
- Choose your own gear.