Team Leader – Platform
About the job
Each month, millions of people come to Tailor Brands to create unique and professional logos and branding assets. We’re well on our way to our goal of helping everyone have a beautiful brand, but we need your help.
We’re looking for an experienced engineer to lead our Platform Team in scaling and improving the experience for everyone that visits Tailor. Come play a key role helping to make our team and product a success.
- Our Platform Team includes several functions covering the following:
- Our architecture design, allowing immutable infrastructure, extensibility, and testing.
- Our API’s, DB’s and platform-wide security and performance.
- Our Design Engine and advanced algorithms (ML, Design, Decision making)
- Our data pipelines and usage.
- Our automation and quality assurance (fully automated) efforts.
- Full responsibility from design to deployment and maintenance.
- You will work with our CTO to make sure productivity, velocity, and quality are continually reviewed and improved. We are looking for hands-on coders to lead (not micro-manage) a team of skilled individuals.
- Always be on the lookout for ways for you and your team to grow.
- 4+ years writing and shipping production level code.
- 2+ years leading a team of at least 3 engineers.
- Familiarity with architecture and design concepts (SOA/Microservices/Load-balancing/Caching/REST).
- Interest and experience in the realms of Performance and Security.
- A deep caring for the team and product’s success.
Nice to have
- Experience working on high-volume applications.
- Experience working on a B2C product.
- Experience designing highly-scalable, highly-available platforms.
- Startup experience.
- The desire to mentor less experienced developers.
- Competitive salary.
- Equity packages.
- Company outings.
- Flexible (and encouraged) time off.
- Work-from-home flexibility.
- Choose your own gear.