Director of Engineering
About The Position
With over 30 Million users on our platform, we’re here to change the future of business. Our all-in-one platform makes starting a business affordable and accessible to everyone – we welcome more than 800k new business owners every month. From our products to our careers, there are endless opportunities for growth.
Our team | Our core | Our dream fulfillers
When we started Tailor Brands, we wanted to help people to accelerate their growth and fulfill their dreams. This also defines us internally; we put our focus on maximizing individual impact and creating an environment of absolute transparency.
About the role
We are in the process of growing our Engineering team, and we are looking for an experienced, creative and passionate leader to join our growing engineering team and take part in our amazing journey!
As a Director of Engineering, you will have a huge part in growing and scaling our engineering team from a technical and human perspective.
You will manage multiple cross-functional teams (Pods) and play a key role in the development, providing technical guidance, coaching, and mentoring to the development team in order to maximize the teams’ potential.
You will be a significant part of the growth of the department, making sure we move in the right direction and have the right strategies to do so while working hand in hand with our VP R&D.
- Growing and mentoring direct reports, focusing on team growth challenges
- Building new teams – hiring and ensuring smooth onboarding
- Overseeing the execution and technical roadmaps of your pods
- Working with your direct reports to ensure a high performing team that supports our scaling organization
- Working cross-organization with different stakeholders such as product, data and marketing
- Helping the teams building clarity and communication in and out of the pod
- Working together with the VP R&D in order to scale our engineering and grow our organization
- Help shape & maintain our professional culture, methodologies and best practices
- 5+ years experience as an Engineering Team Leader, at least 2 years as a group lead\director
- Experience with working in cross functional teams and projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in hiring and building engineering teams from scratch
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in working on B2C products – an advantage
- Experience in working in a scaling company – an advantage
*We are located in Tel Aviv but Hybrid mode is on!
Our team is currently working in hybrid mode. Those who prefer to work in our office can do so in a safe environment.