Recruitment Privacy Notice
Recruitment Privacy Notice
We, at Tailor Brands Ltd., Reg. No. 515093326, and its subsidiaries (collectively, “we”, “our”, or “us”), put great efforts in making sure that we secure personal information related to you and use it properly.
This notice explains our privacy practices and how we handle personal information related to you when you apply for a job with us. Specifically, this notice provides details about –
- What personal information needs to be submitted by job applicants (“Candidates”).
- What we do with such information and how we process it.
- The rights that you, as a Candidate, have in connection with the personal information and job application materials that you submit during the process.
For the purpose of this notice, “personal information” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Please take the time to read this notice and do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or comments, by simply email our privacy team at [email protected].
What Are the Purposes for Collecting and Processing Personal Information Related to You?
We collect personal information related to you for recruiting purposes – so that we could assess your candidacy and suitability for a job with us, whether it is the position that you applied for, or other vacant positions, to be in contact with you during the recruitment process and to prepare to offer you an employment contract if we decide to hire you.
We also use personal information related to you for our human resources’ management –
- To maintain our HR record keeping.
- To comply with diversity, inclusion and other legal requirements and to protect our legal rights.
- To combine personal information related to you with information such as criminal background checks (where permitted by law) that we receive from third-party service providers.
- When we believe in good faith that using personal information related to you is necessary to protect the life, health, safety, or other vital interest of us or any other person.
What Are the Types of Personal Information Related to You That We Collect?
Subject to applicable laws and regulations, when you apply for a job, we will ask you to provide certain personal information that will help us evaluate your qualifications and candidacy and to stay in touch with you during the application and recruitment process, including, without limitations –
- Identification. First name, surname, title, date of birth, and place of birth.
- Contact Details. Address (street, zip code, and country), phone number, and email address.
- Eligibility. Resume/CV, cover letter, employment history (employers, job titles, length of employment) and educational background and training, linguistic capabilities, job skills, and personal interests.
- Verification. Diplomas, certificates, national IDs, driver’s license, and passport.
- References, Recommendations, and Records. Job references and letters of recommendation, job salary/payment history, military records, titles and licenses, immigration visa status, as well as relevant security clearance and background checks.
- Social Media. Mainly your LinkedIn profile, which is publicly available.
- Others. Information that you provide about your work and personality traits such as answers during an interview, or answers to essay questions, or information about your salary expectations and work preferences.
When you visit our career web-page or submit your CV/Resume to us in any given way otherwise (for example, via an email message), we and our third-party service providers, collect information such as the IP address of your device, which provides your device location, and other non-identifiable information that is used for analytical purposes, such as the type of browser, browser language, type of operating system, the domain name of the Internet service provider, web pages visited, times and dates of visits and the content you access on or through our website.
What Are the Ways That We Collect Personal Information Related to You?
Our HR department will collect and use personal information related to you through one or more of the following ways: (a) social networks (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram); (b) our career web-page; (c) word of mouth – including email messages and phone conversations; and, (d) placement companies.
We also work with CoMeet Technologies Ltd. and its affiliates (collectively, “CoMeet“). CoMeet is our third-party service provider that handles some of our job recruitment processes (see further information in the Sharing Personal Information section below).
What Is the Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information Related to You?
We request you to consent to the processing of personal information related to you whereas the processing is necessary for us to fulfill our hiring and employment needs, evaluate your qualifications and backgrounds, and communicate with you throughout the recruitment process. It is also necessary for our compliance with legal obligations such as complying with employment laws and regulations.
You are not legally obligated to provide us with any personal information related to you, however, please bear in mind that without the necessary information about you it will be impossible to evaluate your qualifications and background for the relevant position.
Note that you can withdraw your consent at any time with future effect. Withdrawing consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to the withdrawal and will have no effect on the mandatory processing of personal information related to you under applicable law.
What Are Your Choices?
Applying for a job and submitting your job candidacy materials is voluntary and at any time, if you have already applied for a job and would like to withdraw your job candidacy, you can contact us and request that we stop considering your application and that we delete your profile and any materials we collected.
Our deletion of personal information related to you and job application materials will be completed in accordance with our retention policy as described below in this notice.
If you are required to provide consent before submitting your job application materials and personal information related to you, you can revoke your consent at any time. You can exercise your choice by contacting our privacy team at [email protected].
How Do You Access Personal Information Related to You?
If you are entitled to exercise the right of access, rectification, and deletion of inaccurate data, you can contact our privacy team at [email protected].
We will ask you to provide us with certain credentials to make sure that you are who you claim to be and will make good-faith efforts to locate personal information related to you.
In responding to your request, we will apply limitations available under applicable law, for example, to protect our trade secrets and confidential information and to protect the privacy of others.
To the extent that you are entitled to a right of access under the applicable law, you can receive a copy of personal information related to you that we hold about you and request the correction, amendment, or deletion of personal information related to you, if it is inaccurate or if you believe that the processing of such information is in violation of applicable law.
We will use judgment and due care to redact personal information related to others from the data which we will make available to you.
What Is the Retention Period of Personal Information Related to You?
We store your job application documents and content for 3 years after we have completed the job recruitment process for the respective position for which you have applied. We then delete the application documents from all our systems, except where a Candidate has become our employee.
However, we will maintain a record with details about your submission of the application with us, such as your name, interview dates, and locations, our decision whether to hire you or not and other relevant information, for archival purposes, to establish exercise and defend legal claims, and if we are required under applicable laws, all in accordance with our retention policy.
Note that retention periods can vary based on how long the recruitment process lasts and the time period between when you first apply and when a hiring decision is made in connection with your application.
You can contact us to request to exercise any choice or rights you may have in connection with our retention of personal information related to you at [email protected].
With Whom Are We Sharing and Transferring Personal Information Related to You?
We will share personal information related to you in the following instances –
- With any of our affiliated entities.
- With our relevant employees to facilitate your application and the job recruitment process.
- With CoMeet, which is a data processor that handles our job recruiting, hiring, and on-boarding process, or with any additional providers or a successor to CoMeet, which will help us with the recruiting process. Comeet’s privacy policies can be found here.
- With third-party service providers that provide legitimate business functions for us, which will include processing personal information related to you. Such third-party service providers are engaged by us for the provision of, among others, data storage, information security, and employee background checks.
- With a competent supervisory authority, if we believe that doing so is in accordance or otherwise required by applicable laws, regulations, or judicial or legal processes.
- With law enforcement or other authorities (including immigration, health, tax, national security) when it is necessary to protect the interests of us or individuals.
Do We Transfer Personal Information Related to You Outside Your Territory?
We have sites in the State of Israel and New York, USA. We transfer personal information related to you between these territories in order to achieve the purposes described in this notice.
Accordingly, you acknowledge, agree, and consent that we use personal information related to you as well as transfer personal information related to you to third parties which are located overseas, as needed, to manage relevant activities. For the sake of clarity, third parties include, without limitations, storage service providers.
How Can You Contact Us?
You can contact our privacy team at [email protected] for further information, questions, or comments.
Last Updated: August 9, 2021.