Logo Design Tips to Target MillennialsJune 28, 2018
Logo Color CombinationsJuly 17, 2018
Many entrepreneurs and new businesses operate from their smartphones and tablets. Even so, they must still build their brands and create a logo that matches their identity. In these cases, using a logo maker is still a viable option with mobile apps.
These logo makers are fully mobile and host design tools that are optimized for a smaller screen without sacrificing quality. Moreover, many of these provide the same features their web-based counterparts do for logos.
6 top logo maker apps
- Design App
- Designer Logo Maker
- Logo Maker Plus
- Logo Maker Free
The options we listed here are easy enough for beginners to comfortably navigate.
Those looking for variety and creative freedom will enjoy Designapp’s logo designer. The app offers a blank canvas where users can add icons, shapes, badges, and fonts to create completely original designs. For those who are seeking a more ready-made approach, the company does offer pre-made templates for a small price. When their design is finished, users can simply email themselves the logo.
- The app offers an impressive number of design options, including over 600 different fonts and thousands of shapes, icons, and badges.
- Logos are directly sent via email to users and are available in high quality formats with transparent backgrounds.
- Designapp is available for both Android and iOS, so users with both operating systems can easily find it.
- Designapp doesn’t offer any free templates or guidance to create logos. The existing templates are available for a small price.
- Logo files are only available in PNG format, which may be a problem when attempting to scale it.
- The Import feature has been reported to experience issues from time to time.
Entrepreneurs who also have a creative streak will appreciate Sketch’s intuitive canvas and painting tools. Unlike other logo makers, sketch offers a blank page and an impressive array of art tools—brushes, spray paint, colors—to provide a creative space for logo design. Users can produce fully unique logos with some time and patience.
- Sketch offers complete creative freedom to design a logo that is unique and fits your brand identity.
- Easily add elements and freehand parts of your logo to give it a distinctive touch.
- Choose from a variety of digital tools including brush tips, color manipulation tools, and more.
- The app itself doesn’t offer much in terms of guidance, so users may have a tough time getting started.
- Sketch’s interface is not always the easiest to grasp, and some features may require some tapping around to find.
- There are too many ads at times, which can affect the creative flow and design process.
Designer Logo Maker offers a simple and fast alternative to creating a logo. Users start by choosing a broad category and selecting one of the many designs available. They can then change coloring, add shapes, and include text. The logo editor is easy to use and features a sleek interface that is accessible even for design beginners.
- Choose from a wide variety of initial abstract and concrete designs to create a logo that reflects company values.
- Easily modify the colors and positioning to make a design that stands out from the crowd even with a template.
- Correcting colors and finding a unique palette takes a few seconds and is implemented directly into your logo.
- The available icons available to add to logos are fairly limited and restrict creative freedom for designs.
- The categories users can choose from are overly broad at times and can require some digging to uncover the right template.
- Because all logos are based off initial templates, it may be problematic when attempting to trademark a logo in the future.
This is one of the top apps available on Android thanks to its massive library of design elements and ease of use. Logo Maker Plus hosts an impressively deep design app that offers in-depth editing abilities such as fine-tuning colors, a large library of fonts, and even pre-made templates. Users can also easily create a variety of logos for different platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and more.
- Logo Maker Plus provides a surprising degree of text manipulation options, including resizing, formatting, and a broad library of available fonts.
- Users have more granular control of their designs and can call on hundreds of unique design elements to create distinctive logos.
- Create logo files that are ready to deploy on social media and other platforms.
- Logo Maker Plus is only available for Android devices, so iOS users don’t have access to the app.
- There is no option to draw a design or a pencil tool to add hand-drawn elements to existing designs.
- The free version of the app has significant ads that can be a nuisance as they cover the whole screen.
For a free logo maker that gets quick results, Logo Maker Free gives users a simple interface and reliable results. The app offers a selection of basic design elements and icons as well as a library of available typefaces. Users can drag and drop assets and modify them with a few taps as well as easily correct colors with an effective wheel tool.
- It’s easy to get started with a design as icons are fully displayed and require a simple tap to add and modify.
- Users have a large degree of control over the specific colors and hues they want for their color palette.
- There are multiple options for editing beyond colors and icons, including a library of backgrounds and the ability to upload image files.
- The variety of icons and fonts has room for improvement as the selection is more limited than other available apps.
- Logo Maker Free’s interface can be confusing to navigate at times and unresponsive.
- The icons and assets in the app are not always high-resolution, so final products can sometimes appear blurry or more pixelated.
iOS users looking for a straightforward logo design solution will enjoy Makr’s streamlined app. Users can choose from a broad range of categories of templates like Business, Sports, Local, Charity, and Monograms. The logo editor then lets users easily modify or add icons, shapes, text, and other visual effects. Modern brands looking for a quick logo can take advantage of the uncomplicated process and the transparent, high-resolution files Makr produces.
- Choose from a large library of pre-made designs and customize it in a few minutes to get a logo that matches your brand identity.
- Logos and designs can be printed and delivered to users’ homes or picked up at Staples locations.
- Makr lets users import their own images and assets to logo projects to create more unique designs.
- Logos can only be downloaded or printed for a fee of $6.99 per logo.
- Makr’s iPhone app does not offer the ability to undo actions, so mistakes during the design process can be costly.
- The editor’s customizability is somewhat limited, so pre-made designs will not always look one-of-a-kind.
Over to You..
Although, there are a lot of logo maker apps on the market you should find something that suits your need in one of the above. Now, you just have to get designing.