If you’re looking to use a logo maker to help you get a logo for your business, your head is in the right place.
Logo makers (like those on our best logo maker list) are usually easy to use, more cost-efficient than hiring a designer, and take just a few minutes from start to finish.
That said, many new business owners don’t feel like they have the time to sit in front of a computer and actually design a logo from scratch; they often need to be able to operate on the go.
So how do you create a professional look for your business idea when you’re busy running around trying to get everything else done?
Luckily, there’s an easy answer. Using a logo maker is still a great option – with mobile apps!
Unlike regular logo creators that are made with desktop use in mind, logo maker apps are designed to fit any small screen. They’re fully mobile, hosting design tools that are optimized for a smaller screen without sacrificing the quality of the design. And, most apps provide the same features their web-based counterparts do for logos.
Also, when you design your logo on mobile, you’ll already have an idea of what your logo will look like on other people’s mobile screens (because, let’s face it: Most of your potential customers will probably first come across your business on their phones).
If you do opt to use a “regular” logo maker from your phone, you may not be able to see an accurate representation of your logo as you’re designing, because you won’t be looking at it at scale). Plus, logo makers that were intended for desktop are often buggy and more difficult to use on your phone.
So, we’ve reviewed some of our favorite logo maker apps to help make designing a logo on the go easier – and even fun!
Below, you’ll read about the top logo maker apps that are currently available in Android or iOS. Like everything else, each of these apps has their own advantages and drawbacks, so in order to help you figure out which app is best for you, we’ve rated the apps on a number of metrics:
– Ease of use – Ranging from beginner level to advanced/more tech-savvy
– Features – From pre-made templates to editing capabilities
– Pros/cons – Includes things like price, operating systems, tools, and overall fit
We’ve also concluded with our final thoughts, in case the dry numbers bore you and you just want to hear an opinion about these apps from people who know the industry (that’s us!).
Now that you know what to expect, let’s check out our top 11 favorite options to help you decide which logo maker app to use. Most of the apps listed here are all easy for beginners to comfortably navigate, and they can give you a business logo in no time!
To help you decide which logo maker app to use, we created a list of our top 9 favorite options. The apps listed here are all easy for beginners to comfortably navigate, and they can give you a business logo in no time!
That’s right – we have our own app! The Tailor Brands logo app. Our app uses the same AI as the Tailor Brands Logo Maker – it learns about your business and what your design preferences are, in order to create the optimal logo design for your brand.
We like to say it’s like having a personal graphic designer in your pocket, because our app also provides over 20 branding tools to help you build your brand from the ground up – including a business card design tool and automated social media manager.
– This is one of the easiest logo design apps to use, as you don’t need any design tools to create a stunning logo.
– Every design created with Logo Maker by Tailor Brands is unique to you; there are no templates or predesigns used.
– You can design an entire brand identity with the app’s features, like downloading your logo in high-res files, printing your logo on merchandise and swag, and branding the perfect business cards for your business.
– Though their support team is quick to respond, they are only available online.
– You have to sign up to see your logo, which adds an extra step to the process (although registration is free).
– There’s no way to speak one-on-one with a designer to discuss your results.
Those looking for variety and creative freedom will enjoy DesignApp’s logo designer. The app offers a blank canvas where users can add icons, shapes, badges, and fonts to create completely original designs.
For people who are seeking a more ready-made approach, the company does offer pre-made templates for a small price. When your design is finished, you can simply email yourself your logo!
– The app offers an impressive number of design options, including over 600 different fonts and thousands of shapes, icons, and badges.
– Logos are directly sent via email to users and are available in high-quality formats with transparent backgrounds.
– DesignApp is available for both Android and iOS, so users with either operating systems can easily find it.
– DesignApp doesn’t offer any free templates or guidance to create logos. The existing templates are available for a small price.
– Logo files are only available in PNG format, which may be a problem when attempting to scale it.
– The Import feature has been reported to experience issues from time to time.
This is one of the stronger apps on the list, and is a great choice for people who want highly customizable options.
With this app, you start by choosing from some suggested black and white template options. Then, you can edit your colors, fonts, and even add stickers or decorate your design with “ribbons”. This is a great app option for brands that have a casual, laid-back vibe.
– It comes with an editor that’s easy to use.
– There’s room for advanced customization, with a lot of robust design elements.
– You can choose from over 100 fonts to create a logo that’s unique.
– Although there is a free app, the options are limited unless you purchase the subscription.
– Some users have reported glitches with the app, in that their designs disappear when they’re in the middle of working on them.
– Their design elements are more cutesy and fun than they are sleek, which wouldn’t work well for brands that want to give off a more professional message.
This is one of the top apps available on Android thanks to its massive library of design elements and ease of use.
Logo Maker Plus hosts an impressively robust design app that offers in-depth editing abilities such as fine-tuning colors, a large library of fonts, and even pre-made templates. Users can also easily create a variety of logos for different platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and more.
– Logo Maker Plus provides a surprising degree of text manipulation options, including resizing, formatting, and a broad library of available fonts.
– Users have more granular control of their designs and can call on hundreds of unique design elements to create distinctive logos.
– Create logo files that are ready to deploy on social media and other platforms.
– Logo Maker Plus is only available for Android devices, so iOS users don’t have access to the app.
– There is no option to draw a design or a pencil tool to add hand-drawn elements to existing designs.
– The free version of the app has significant ads that can be a nuisance as they cover the whole screen.
Icona gives you a blank canvas, which lets you choose 3 elements: Shapes, text, and drawings. You can select a shape and then easily search for icons that are in your industry. Then, you can add your company name to the design and select a font that matches. This app is ideal for those who want an icon-based logo that’s more minimalist.
– There are a ton of icons and great font options to choose from!
– All of the icons are editable by color, opacity and stroke, which is something a lot of other logo maker apps lack.
– The drawing option allows you to draw your own shapes – great for brainstorming or using your own personalized design.
– The interface isn’t very intuitive, so beginners may have a difficult time navigating.
– It costs money to use the app (although once you pay, you can use it for as many logos as you’d like).
iOS users looking for a straightforward logo design solution will enjoy Makr’s streamlined app.
Users can choose from a broad range of categories of templates like Business, Sports, Local, Charity, and Monograms. The logo editor then lets users easily modify or add icons, shapes, text, and other visual effects. Modern brands looking for a quick logo can take advantage of the uncomplicated process and the transparent, high-resolution files Makr produces.
– Choose from a large library of pre-made designs and customize it in a few minutes to get a logo that matches your brand identity.
– Logos and designs can be printed and delivered to users’ homes or picked up at Staples locations.
– Makr lets users import their own images and assets to logo projects to create more unique designs.
– Logos can only be downloaded or printed for a fee of $6.99 per logo.
– Makr’s iPhone app does not offer the ability to undo actions, so mistakes during the design process can be costly.
– The editor’s customizability is somewhat limited, so pre-made designs will not always look one-of-a-kind.
Logo Maker Shop starts the logo design process by allowing users to choose from a series of customizable templates. After that, users are taken to an editing page where they can include symbols, add a background, and customize the text. The bright colors and crisp forms make this logo designer best for bold, modern brands.
– Logo templates are modern and cleverly designed.
– Free templates are of unusually high quality.
– The platform lets users choose from 1000+ logo templates and 200+ fonts.
– Despite the large number of templates offered, customizability is limited.
– The user interface may be challenging for users without prior design experience.
– The bold, hip logo designs might not be relevant for more classic brands.
Watercolor Logo Maker offers—as its name suggests—watercolor-style logos.
The app first has users choose a watercolor-style shape as the logo’s background, and then guides users to an editor that allows for additional text, color, and customization. This logo style is perfect for brands that are whimsical, girly, or artistic.
– The interface is sleek, attractive, and easy to use.
– The hand-painted design makes the logo appear original and custom-made.
– The distinctive watercolor aesthetic gives companies an immediate brand image and style.
– The app offers a low level of customizability compared to other logo design tools.
– The logo style doesn’t match the brand image of most companies.
– Free options are limited and, at $10 to unlock all the features, the app is pricier than some competitors.
Although Canva offers an overall design app, we’d be remiss if we didn’t mention it for logo making as well. This easy-to-use software is template-based, and lets you easily add different elements to your designs. You can also use it to create anything from newsletters to social media posts, which will help keep your business on-brand once your logo is created.
– A free logo design app that offers a lot of templates (over 8,000!)
– It has an intuitive interface that’s really easy to navigate.
– Other Canva users can comment on your designs, which is great for getting feedback on your logo.
– The app won’t work if you’re offline, so it’s not ideal for people who would want to create their logo from the subway or other places without good service.
– Many of the “better” design features are only available to paid users.
– More advanced users will probably be disappointed by the amount of design options available.
If you’re starting a small business but lack the design know-how, a logo maker app just might be the perfect place to start. Templates with lightly customizable images, colors, and fonts are a great way to establish your brand image as you focus on getting your company off the ground.
Prefer to create logos from your desktop? Check out the best logo makers and online platforms like Tailor Brands!
Now the Content Lead at Tailor Brands, Kira Goldring began her marketing career as a 17-year-old handing out flyers on the streets of NYC. She currently covers all things branding, marketing and small business, but she could talk your ear off about investment strategies or gripping literature without missing a beat. Say hi on IG - @kiragoldring