Are you looking to create a logo on a budget? Logo design software could be an ideal choice for you, if you’re willing to do more of the creative legwork to get a quality design.
These platforms offer more options for editing and customization, but sacrifice some of the guidance and assistance that a web-based logo designer can provide. However, don’t take our word for it; you can see for yourself!
Check out this list of the 7 best logo design software bundles out there to decide which one works best for your needs.
Logosmartz offers an astounding library of assets and logo designs that can help even the most novice designers and entrepreneurs create memorable logos. The application includes over 5000 distinct assets, along with nearly 2000 premade templates to choose from. The editor is easy to use and offers a lot of freedom to edit even the finest details of your logo.
Users can try LogoSmartz for free or choose the paid versions for $39.95, $69.95 or $99.95, depending on which other features and tools you want to use along with creating your logo.
– Choose from one of the largest collections of assets and pre-made designs on the market, and create a one-of-a-kind logo.
– Add optional features that include business card and stationary makers, and a corporate identity designer.
– The editor offers a large degree of customizability and lets users modify as much or as little as they want of pre-made templates.
– The interface can’t be resized, and it can quickly become crowded with multiple menus and tools that are simultaneously open.
– The software occasionally freezes for seconds at a time, and this affects performance.
– Some customers have complained of difficulties reaching the company’s customer service representatives.
If the major concern in logo design is choosing the right color palette, SoThink is unrivaled. The logo design software offers a unique feature with its pen tool, which lets users freehand illustrations and add their own touch to designs.
Additionally, users can choose from thousands of existing designs and assets to find the right combination of elements for a memorable logo that fits their brand identity. SoThink’s logo maker is available for $59.99, though they do offer a free 30-day trial.
– SoThink offers one of the most in-depth color selections on the market, with an impressive degree of customization and color correction.
– Add unique touches to logos with SoThink’s multiple pen and brush tools, that offer full creative freedom during design.
– Users can select from an impressive library of premade designs, or choose from a variety of icons, shapes, and other assets to make a new logo.
– The software is only available for Windows, so Mac users will not be able to take advantage of it.
– The user interface is somewhat outdated and can make finding some tools and features more difficult than necessary.
– SoThink may sometimes be too complex when it comes to editing details on a more granular level.
One of the biggest areas where SummitSoft’s software stands out is in its library of vectors and expansion packs. Users can choose from thousands of assets that are scalable and modifiable. And, the editor provides users with pen tools and the ability to resize canvases to create different logo sizes and shapes.
Users can also use a variety of colors and special effects to create different logo styles. SummitSoft Logo Design Studio Pro is available for $29.99 for one-month use, or, users can pay $19.99 (and then $7.99 per month) for ongoing access to the logo design software.
– More than 6000 design assets are available from the outset, allowing users to mix, match, and find the right logo to reflect their identity.
– Users can start off with assistance, by choosing from one of the 2000 available logo templates.
– You can design, save, and tweak your logo, without being restricted to committing to a final design.
– Many of the available vectors are somewhat generic, and they require editing and retouching to make a visual impact.
– SummitSoft is not designed specifically for beginners, so it can be difficult for novices to get started.
– The price for ongoing access to the software is steep and unrealistic for businesses with a low budget.
AAA Logo offers users a stripped-down design tool that is perfectly suited for beginners. The software provides a good variety of design assets including 10,000 icons and shapes, though it only hosts a limited selection of colors.
Users can also choose from a library of 500 pre-made designs to find a logo faster. The application costs $49.95, though users can try it for free for 30 days.
– AAA Logo Maker is one of the easiest design tools to use. The interface is intuitive and editing is as easy as drag-and-drop assets.
– The application features one of the largest collection icons and shapes, with an impressive 10,000 available.
– The canvas can easily be resized to create different files such as business cards, letterheads, and more.
– The available color palette leaves room for improvement, as it is restricted to the colors available on the screen.
– The editing tools AAA Logo Maker offers are somewhat limited and don’t offer a high degree of customizability.
– The software is only available on Windows, so Mac users cannot access it.
LaughingBird’s Logo Creator is an ideal tool for users who are in a pinch and need a logo in a hurry. The software is geared toward beginners and offers an intuitive interface that limits the available options and focuses on fine-tuning existing elements.
The LaughingBird bundle also includes some useful add-ons including a business card maker, a tool to create marketing materials, and even a cartoon mascot creator. The software is available for both Mac and Windows, and the standard bundle costs $37.00.
– LaughingBird delivers simple and fast logo creation right out of the box. Users can choose from 170 premade designs to fine-tune and modify.
– The editor is almost completely drag-and-drop. Easily add elements and rearrange existing ones with a single click.
– An additional 600+ design assets are available for purchase from the company’s website.
– LaughingBird doesn’t offer much in the way of text editing, so some fonts and wordmarks may look awkwardly spaced.
– The program does not produce logos in vector format, which is widely considered the most scalable format for logos.
– Users don’t have much freedom to create unique designs with different elements. Most of the available design options are pre-made templates.
JetA Logo Creator is another easy-to-use design software. It offers a huge library of vector shapes and templates, making it simple to create a unique, custom logo. Modifying your logo is also an option, since you can readily change and replace different shapes and styles.
The trial version of the software gives you access to 400 free vector shapes and several template options, while the paid version offers the full suite and can be purchased for $49.95.
– Paying users choose from over 10,000 vector shapes and more than 400 logo templates.
– Templates are searchable using a variety of categories, including business, minimalist, entertainment, and more.
– Images, shapes, and colors can be created and tweaked with just a few clicks, generating fully customized logos in seconds.
– The software appears outdated and lacks the sleek, modern aesthetic of similar programs.
– Beginner creations often look amateur and cartoonish rather than professional.
– What you pay isn’t necessarily what you get; the price to value ratio is lower than other programs.
Inkscape is an open-source, vector graphics editing software. The program offers a wide variety of tools for manipulating objects, creating intricate patterns, and more. This makes it possible for beginners to design professional logos while still offering value to intermediate and advanced graphic designers.
The best part of Inkscape? As an open-source software, all features are completely free to use!
– The software offers excellent value, boasting more advanced editing features than other free programs.
– Users praise Inkscape’s support team, which constantly updates the software and fixes any bugs.
– The vector-based program makes it easy for users to resize their creations without fuss.
– When working with very high-resolution graphics, Inkscape lags and occasionally crashes.
– The learning curve is high for beginners, especially those not yet familiar with vector-based programs.
– The program structure is unintuitive, making it hard to locate different options and features.
You don’t need to be an expert in Adobe Illustrator to create a unique, custom logo for your brand. Plenty of design software is accessible for beginners, and many offer free services, trials, and refunds.
That being said, many of us simply don’t have the time to design a logo ourselves. If the options above look challenging to you, check out the Tailor Brands instant logo maker!