Are you looking to create a logo on a budget? Logo design software could be an ideal choice for you, if you’re willing to do more of the creative legwork to get a quality design.
These platforms offer more options for editing and customization, but sacrifice some of the guidance and assistance that a web-based logo creator can provide. However, don’t take our word for it; you can see for yourself!
Check out this list of the 7 best logo design software bundles out there to decide which one works best for your needs.
Logosmartz offers an astounding library of assets and logo designs that can help even the most novice designers and entrepreneurs create memorable logos. The application includes over 5000 distinct assets, along with nearly 2000 premade templates to choose from. The editor is easy to use and offers a lot of freedom to edit even the finest details of your logo.
Users can try LogoSmartz for free or choose the paid versions for $39.95, $69.95 or $99.95, depending on which other features and tools you want to use along with creating your logo.
– Choose from one of the largest collections of assets and pre-made designs on the market, and create a one-of-a-kind logo.
– Add optional features that include business card and stationary makers, and a corporate identity designer.
– The editor offers a large degree of customizability and lets users modify as much or as little as they want of pre-made templates.
– The interface can’t be resized, and it can quickly become crowded with multiple menus and tools that are simultaneously open.
– The software occasionally freezes for seconds at a time, and this affects performance.
– Some customers have complained of difficulties reaching the company’s customer service representatives.
– SoThink offers one of the most in-depth color selections on the market, with an impressive degree of customization and color correction.
– Add unique touches to logos with SoThink’s multiple pen and brush tools, that offer full creative freedom during design.
– Users can select from an impressive library of premade designs, or choose from a variety of icons, shapes, and other assets to make a new logo.
– The software is only available for Windows, so Mac users will not be able to take advantage of it.
– The user interface is somewhat outdated and can make finding some tools and features more difficult than necessary.
– SoThink may sometimes be too complex when it comes to editing details on a more granular level.
– More than 6000 design assets are available from the outset, allowing users to mix, match, and find the right logo to reflect their identity.
– Users can start off with assistance, by choosing from one of the 2000 available logo templates.
– You can design, save, and tweak your logo, without being restricted to committing to a final design.
– Many of the available vectors are somewhat generic, and they require editing and retouching to make a visual impact.
– SummitSoft is not designed specifically for beginners, so it can be difficult for novices to get started.
– The price for ongoing access to the software is steep and unrealistic for businesses with a low budget.
– AAA Logo Maker is one of the easiest design tools to use. The interface is intuitive and editing is as easy as drag-and-drop assets.
– The application features one of the largest collection icons and shapes, with an impressive 10,000 available.
– The canvas can easily be resized to create different files such as business cards, letterheads, and more.
– The available color palette leaves room for improvement, as it is restricted to the colors available on the screen.
– The editing tools AAA Logo Maker offers are somewhat limited and don’t offer a high degree of customizability.
– The software is only available on Windows, so Mac users cannot access it.
– LaughingBird delivers simple and fast logo creation right out of the box. Users can choose from 170 premade designs to fine-tune and modify.
– The editor is almost completely drag-and-drop. Easily add elements and rearrange existing ones with a single click.
– An additional 600+ design assets are available for purchase from the company’s website.
– LaughingBird doesn’t offer much in the way of text editing, so some fonts and wordmarks may look awkwardly spaced.
– The program does not produce logos in vector format, which is widely considered the most scalable format for logos.
– Users don’t have much freedom to create unique designs with different elements. Most of the available design options are pre-made templates.
You don’t need to be an expert in Adobe Illustrator to create a unique, custom logo for your brand. Plenty of design software is accessible for beginners, and many offer free services, trials, and refunds.